Alternator Services in Holly
Many people don't realize just how important an alternator is to the operation of their vehicle. In reality, it is one of the main components your vehicle needs if you expect to get where you need to go. Not only does the alternator keep your battery charged, but it provides power to your ignition, starter and other key components in your vehicle. Without a working alternator, your headlights wouldn't work, your radio wouldn't power on, your power windows and locks wouldn't operate and much more.
Because of the many things your alternator does for your vehicle, you need to make sure it is in good working order at all times. Our team of professionals at Armstead Automotive has more than 30 years of experience working on vehicles just like yours. We offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on labor and parts to give you the peace of mind you need from a vehicle service center.
Signs of a Bad Alternator
Some of the warning signs that your alternator might be on its way out include:
- A dead or weak battery – When your battery fails to power your vehicle, that often means that your alternator isn't giving your vehicle what it needs.
- Dim lights – Your lights should always be nice and bright. If they aren't, that means that your alternator doesn't have ample power to give your lights what they need.
- A dashboard warning light – In the event you see the light on your dashboard lighting up for your alternator, you need to take it in for servicing.
- A burning rubber smell – Anytime you notice a weird smell coming from underneath of the vehicle's hood, you need to have it looked at by the mechanic.
- A cracked or worn alternator belt – If the belt is worn or broken, your alternator isn't going to be able to function properly.
- Whining or grinding noises – Your vehicle should be nice and quiet when it is in operation. If it isn't, you need to have it looked at to determine what is causing it to be so loud.
If you think something might be going on with your vehicle, give our team at Armstead Automotive a call to discuss what we can do for you.
For a quick guide to alternator services, watch below!