Is it December already? Where did the year go? We don’t know about you, but it’s been a blessed whirlwind of auto repair activity all year at Armstead Automotive Repair in Holly, Michigan, and we are thankful to serve this community.
Now that we’re in the middle of the holiday season, our family wants to make sure your family’s vehicles are ready to safely drive over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house for Christmas. To help you prepare for holiday travel, here are a few checklist items to make sure your vehicle is ready to hit the road safely:
- Do you have your winter tires correctly balanced?
- Is your tire tread deep enough?
- Are your tires showing signs of uneven wear?
- Are your wheels properly aligned?
- Are you crash sensors properly aligned and synced up with your wheels?
- Has your TPMS / Tire Pressure Monitoring System shown up as an alert on your dashboard?
- Is your spare tire ready to go and do you have all the tools you need to change a tire if needed?
- Are your brakes able to stop on a dime? Or, are they a little sluggish when you step on the brake pedal?
- Do you hear any squeaks or squeals when the brakes are applied?
- Does your car squeak as you get in or out of it while the emergency brake is on?
- Do you see any signs of rust or corrosion underneath your vehicle?
- Have your brakes been serviced within the last 12 months?
- When was the last time you changed your engine oil, radiator fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, steering fluid, and wiper fluid?
- Are all your fluids topped off?
- Are any of your fluids looking dirty?
- If you have not changed your fluids within 24 months, is your engine showing signs of corrosion?
Check Engine Light --
- Is your Check Engine light illuminated?
- If it is, why are you ignoring it?
- How soon can you bring your vehicle in for an inspection?
Emergency Kit --
- Do you have a fully stocked emergency kit in your vehicle?
- Do you have extra blankets, food, and water stored in your vehicle?
- Do you have a flashlight and spare batteries for that flashlight?
- Do you have a shovel, gloves, and flares stored in your vehicle?
- Are all your mobile devices fully charged and ready to help you communicate for several hours before losing power?
Before you start on your holiday journey, make sure your tires, your brakes, all fluids, your engine, and your emergency kit are in good shape. Our expert team will be happy to perform a digital inspection of your vehicle and show you what is in great shape, what needs attention, and what needs to be repaired before you begin your trip. If you are concerned about any of these areas, stop by and see us at Armstead Automotive Repair. For convenient service, please schedule an appointment or call us at 248-634-0399. Our full-service auto repair facility for personal and fleet vehicles is located at 15310 Fish Lake Road, Holly, MI 48442.
We look forward to seeing you soon!